Friday, October 30, 2015

Halloween Mixed Media Art Journal Page - Challenge Entry

Hello again.  I cannot believe that it is already All Hollows Eve!  I wanted to share a Halloween art journal page that I finished this morning.  I tried to get it done last night, but I was just too tired after work. I will be entering this art journal page in a few blog challenges which will be listed down below.

I created this art journal page with the following materials: Dylusions Vibrant Turquoise Ink Spray, Dylusions Fresh Lime Ink Spray, Black Soot Distress Paint, Sakura Souffle Markers, Aleene's Tacky Glue, black Sharpie pen, handmade felt star stamp, Cool Grey Kaiserfusion alcohol marker, and scrapbook paper.


I was inspired to create this page when I found an old Martha Stewart Living magazine with this image on the cover.  I scanned the cover and printed out a black and white copy of this image on a heavy weight card stock.  I colored in the owl and pumpkin with turquoise, blue, lime green, and orange Sakura Souffle pens. I added definition to the pumpkin and owl with a black Sharpie pen. I then used Fresh Lime and Vibrant Turquoise Dylusions spray ink to cover the background. I wanted to add distressed looking stars to the background so I cut a star out of felt to use as a stamp.  I used Black Soot Distress Paint to stamp the stars on the background. I then added smaller orange stars to the background with a souffle pen and outlined the black stars. I glued the owl and pumpkin image to journal page with tacky glue. I thought that the page needed a little more oomph so I cut out a witch's hat from scrap paper and added turquoise polka dots. When the hat was dry I glued it down to the journal page.  I outlined the owl image with a grey Kaiserfusion alcohol marker to create dimension. I ended up drawing spider webs on the corners of the page with a sharpie pen to create a nice border around the journal page.  The last thing I did was distress the outer edges of the paper with black distress paint.

I wasn't sure how this art journal page was going to turn out with a blue owl, but I absolutely love it!  I like it so much that I am entering this art journal page in a few challenge blogs.

The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge - Halloween Word Search
I used the words Black, Owl, and Witch from this word search.

Dream In Darkness Challenge
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Throwback
The throwback challenge I chose was from August 2015 - Trio of Colors

Thank you so much for stopping by the blog today.  Be sure to enjoy this All Hollows Eve and do not conjure anything up you will regret later! Have a great Friday. ❤ Tia - Copper Blossom Paperie ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment