Thursday, October 1, 2015

Contest Hosted By DecoArt Mixed Media Blog!

Hello everyone!  I first want to start out by thanking all of you for taking the time to read my blog. I do try to post a variety of projects and digital freebies to my blog when I can.  For some reason, I have had so much emotional turmoil this week that I haven't posted a lot to the blog. As much as I try to post to this blog on a daily basis, there are just some days when I just can't do it.  Yesterday, I started to write a blog post and broke down in tears.  Its not that I'm going through PMS or anything, I have just been sensitive to the energies around me lately.  I personally feel like I am in a pressure cooker with all the stress I've had to deal with lately.  Mixing the stress of everything I've been through lately with yesterdays wonky energy made me lose it!  At that point, I had to step back, stop what I was doing, and clear my mind.

Besides the weird mood swings and over worrying I've been doing lately, things seem to be going well in my life.  I am set to return to work in two weeks if my mobility continues to improve.  After five long months of healing, I am finally able to walk a little unassisted.  Yesterday I totally forgot to grab the crutches and found myself walking around the living room like a pro!  I am not up for walking a few miles or anything, but I am finally able to walk again!  I also started creating a winter themed digital scrapbook kit and have been working on a couple new oracle cards.

Before I talk about the contest hosted by DecoArt, I want to talk about the recent My Memories Suite giveaway that ended at midnight last night. I checked my gleam account this morning to see who the winner was, but to my surprise, the gleam website said that there were zero contest entries. I am not sure if there was an error with the gleam app or if no one actually entered.  I apologize to anyone who may have entered the giveaway.  I will do another My Memories Suite giveaway in the future, but will try a different approach.



I did want to announce the new Mixed Media Haunts challenge hosted by DecoArt Media. This contest involves creating your very own spooktacular mixed media art piece and submitting it  through the Inlinkz link on the DecoArt Blog.  Here is the link to the page - DecoArt Blog Contest Page.  Entries will be accepted until October 28th at 11:55pm.  On October 29th, Andy Skinner (a fabulous mixed media artist) will choose his two favorite pieces. The runner-up will receive $50 worth of DecoArt Media product and the grand prize winner will receive $100 worth of DecoArt Media goodies! I don't know about you, but I could definitely use some new acrylic paint. I am mentioning this contest because I will be entering this challenge and hope many of you will enter it too! I will post my mixed media Halloween piece on the blog with a tutorial when it is complete!

Hope this inspires you to create a spooktacular piece of art!  Thanks for stopping by.    ❤ Tia - Copper Blossom Paperie ❤



No comments:

Post a Comment