Friday, August 28, 2015

Dylusions Ink... Going Beyond Backgrounds

As I return home from Rochester, Minnesota I thought I would share a Dylusions art project.  This project was completed this last spring when I was experimenting with these inks.
I realize that these inks are generally used for backgrounds and stencils, but they can also be used like watercolor paints!  For this particular image, I had drawn a peacock with a pencil on white cardstock. I used masking tape to mask off the white areas.  You could also use masking fluid. I sprayed London blue, turquoise, lime, and crushed grape dylusions on the cardstock. It is important to let the dylusions dry completely before removing the masking tape. Once dry, remove the masking material.   I loved that a little bit of ink seeped through the masking tape since it really created a sloppy watercolor look.  I even spattered lemon zest to create an even sloppier watercolor drawing.  Feel free to spray water or use a waterbrush to allow the inks to bleed.
When I was satisfied with the layers of ink, I added outlines with permanent marker to define the peacock image and really make it stand out.  I also used color pencil to add highlights and shadows.  This can also be accomplished with watercolor, distress markers, alcohol markers, or watercolor pencils.  That is all there is to creating this project. 


I hope you enjoyed this post.  Please feel free to comment and share this post on social media.  I hope all of you have a blessed weekend! ❤ Tia - Copper Blossom Paper Gallery ❤  

No comments:

Post a Comment