Saturday, August 29, 2015

Surgery Update & Autumn Card Freebie!

Hello everyone.  This last week has been crazy which is why I haven't posted a whole lot to the blog. Besides being sick, I also had to travel to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN for an update on my ankle fusion surgery.  The trip was super fun, and I am no longer in a cast!  After four months of using a knee scooter to get around, I am beyond excited to start walking again.  My foot is aligned completely different than it used to be, so I am finding it a little painful and awkward to walk on it.  The air cast boot they gave me does help a lot, but I would like to be able to wear a complete pair of shoes again.

Being as spiritual as I am, I did encounter a unique anomaly while at the Mayo Clinic.  Firstly, I want to mention that three weeks prior, part of my ankle was failing to fuse.  The doctor's were unaware of how long it would take to heal, or if it would heal at all.  Generally, it takes 8-12 weeks for two bones to fuse together.  Since one joint was failing to fuse after 13 weeks, I was told not to be surprised if I was in a cast for 6 months or longer.  I was so nervous about what the new x-rays would reveal, and what it would mean for me physically and financially.  The first part of my appointment entails having my cast cut off and going to x-ray.  When my cast was cut off, I saw that there was a white feather inside my cast between the fiberglass exterior and cotton gauze interior.  I am not sure how it got there, but it was there.  Once the cast was removed, my leg was cleaned and I was prepped for x-rays. The standing x-rays were painful.  I waited for my surgeon for over an hour after that.  When he finally entered the room, he told me I was done.  Huh?  He showed me the x-rays and all of my joints were fused together...even that suborn joint that failed to fuse just three weeks prior.  He kept asking me what I did differently to make it heal so fast. Of course I have no answers... I did nothing differently.  It turned out to be quiet the spectacle as other doctors and nurses stopped by to see.  The nurse fitted me for an air cast boot after that and sent me on my way.  After leaving the hospital, I stopped back at the hotel to shave that leg.  You would not believe the forest of hair that can grow when you don't shave your leg for over four months.  When I took off my boot at the hotel, I found another white feather nestled between my boot and sock.  Since Thursday, I have found 5 white feathers including one next to me on the bed just moments ago.



Besides all the medical stuff this week, I did create a freebie.  Since I missed freebie Friday, I decided to post the freebie today.  This is an autumn card I digitally created using various digital embellishments I have acquired and created. This image can be printed out and adhered to a blank card or printed directly onto a blank card. The card image should be formatted to roughly 4"x6".  This image would create a beautiful note card or can be used in any project. To download, simply left click on the image to view in a new window, then right click on the design and select save image as.  You will be able to save the image to your computer to use whenever you like. This card design is for personal use only.

I hope all of you have a fantastic weekend.  Please follow the blog and share this post via social media if you enjoy my posts and freebies.  Also, check out my Etsy store and facebook page.  You will find links to my pages to the right of this blog post.  Take care everyone.  ❤ Tia - Copper Blossom Paper Gallery ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment