Sunday, November 22, 2015

12 Freebies Of Christmas - #2 - Digital Scrapbook Quick Page

I hope all of you had a great weekend.  It has been super cold here in Wisconsin over the past few days, and much of the state has seen well over a foot of snow already.  Here in Oshkosh, we have not had any snow.  Every storm that passes through Wisconsin seems to just miss us.  I can honestly say that I am not ready for snow or icy sidewalks, so I am grateful for the odd weather.

Before I share this beautiful Christmas freebie, I want to express my gratitude to everyone who has shown me support during this rough time in my life.  Things are starting to improve and my luck is beginning to change for the better. I was able to straighten out the paycheck problem at work last week Friday.  Even though I was an emotional wreck going into the meeting, I was able to stay calm the entire time.  The managers did not bring up the job coding error, or the issues with unemployment fraud.  Instead, they brought up the fact that I was paid short-term disability over the summer and that somehow I should have no problems with my finances (despite not seeing any pay since September).  Really?!  I had to travel 1200 miles round trip via bus, train, and relatives 6 times to get to my Mayo Clinic appointments this summer. Many times I had to stay in hotels and pay for meals. There were a couple times I had no money to go to my appointments and my family paid the bill. I had to pay a $120 copay for my knee scooter and $240 upfront for physical therapy that was not covered by my insurance.  I had to pay for medications that came from out of network pharmacies after surgery because I had no way of picking them up while I was immobile.  I had bills and rent to pay the entire 22 weeks I was off work. Most of my surgery was not covered by my insurance because it was "uncustomary" and did not meet the parameters of what the insurance company pre-approved prior to surgery. My current Mayo Clinic bill is over $32,000.00 after insurance covered everything that they could. Despite this, my manager told me "we all have problems".  I felt frustrated and a bit misunderstood at my work meeting, but in the end I did receive an apology and was glad that I kept a level head.

The entire paycheck debacle did get fixed.  I will not be getting back all of the money that was deducted from my paychecks in error, but I will be getting back all money mistakenly taken for insurance starting November 1st (which amounts to $148.06). The money I do not get back went to reinstating all of my insurance benefits (which are paid up through the end of the year).  I am so glad that this issue is resolved and that I will start receiving normal paychecks again. Although I was not anticipating having insurance for the rest of the year, I am glad to have it. I plan on utilizing it as much as possible in the coming weeks, especially since I have another Mayo Clinic appointment before the end of the year.

The freebie I have for you today is a 12"x12" digital scrapbook page for the upcoming holidays.  I absolutely love Christmas and have fallen in love with the Vintage Christmas digital scrapbook kits I am working on.  You can find the Vintage Christmas digital paper pack for $1.75 in my Etsy store HERE. I will be releasing the Vintage Christmas scrapbook kit soon, so you will want to keep your eyes peeled for that.  I do want to mention that my Etsy shop is open again now that my life is returning to normal and my finances are slowly improving.



This .png scrapbook page only needs a photo to complete.  To download the digital scrapbook quick page, simply left click on the image to view in a new window, then right click on the design and select save image as.  You will be able to save the image to your computer to use whenever you like. This free digital scrapbook page is for personal use only and cannot be used in commercially sold crafts.

Thank you so much for stopping by the blog tonight!  I am working on many handmade Christmas gifts and cards, and cannot wait to post them to the Copper Blossom blog!  I also have many contests to enter over the next five weeks and cannot wait to share those projects with you as well.  Thank you again to everyone who reads, shares, or follows my blog.  I appreciate all of the kind words you have shared with me over the last couple weeks.  Your support has truly impacted my life in so many positive ways.  Have a great week everyone.  ❤ Tia - Copper Blossom Paperie

No comments:

Post a Comment