Thursday, November 19, 2015

Throwback Thursday - Painting A Time Capsule

Hello again.  I hope everyone is having a great day so far.  Before I share my artwork with you, I thought that I would give everyone an update on my current life situation.  I had no idea that my blog post two days ago was going to garner so much attention.  This whole situation has been far worse than a nightmare, and has not improved since my last post. Today is payday, and just as I suspected, I did not get paid again.  The corporate office in New York was able to change my pay rate and job title last week, but they have done nothing to remedy the amount of money being taken from my paychecks.  The corporate office must also release a written statement to me and the union declaring why I was listed as having a different job, pay rate, and benefits for over a month despite management and HR having knowledge of my job change.  Many employees at my work have changed jobs, scheduled hours, and benefits without any problems.  Why was this particular job change so difficult for them? Why was I harassed about my job choice after returning to work from medical leave when my previous job was given to another employee? Why did an HR person publicly humiliate me and accuse me of unemployment fraud in front of an entire food court of people? In the end, the people who have made my life hardly tolerable at work will see no consequences for their actions.  On the bright side, the union representatives at my work have been vigilantly fighting for me and are trying to get me some form of payment by tomorrow.  My work is also trying to reinstate my insurance for the remainder of the year (probably so they do not have to pay back the majority of the money they took from me).  I have a meeting with management and the union tomorrow, so I will let all of you know the outcome of that meeting.

My boyfriend is still in the hospital.  I got to visit him last night after work for a while, but I am afraid to report that his condition has not improved. The doctor's tried to clean out his GI system yesterday so that they could surgically give him a feeding tube through his abdominal wall into his small intestine.  Unfortunately, his GI tract is not active enough to clear out the waste despite all of the bowl cleansing treatments they had given him yesterday. The doctor's discovered that the bits of food that make it passed his stomach end up collecting in the small intestine where it compacts.  As of now, the doctor's are unsure of how to fix this.  All of his nutrition is currently being given through an IV pic line in his arm.  There is a possibility that he may never be able to eat real food again.

Besides all of the chaos in my life, I am doing well. I am trying to stay focused on the Thanksgiving festivities planned for next week.  My family is celebrating Thanksgiving a little differently this year.  Instead of making a traditional turkey dinner, we are having a lasagna cook off! My brother and I both claim to have the best lasagna, so we decided to have a cook off and let the family decide.  I make a traditional lasagna (based on my grandmother's recipe) with Mediterranean spices and cheeses, focusing the most attention on the sauce.  My brother makes a 3 meat/4 cheese lasagna with a generic spaghetti sauce from a can, but focuses on the treatment of the meat.  I feel like my brother has an unfair advantage since my sister-in-law's entire family hates vegitables ... but my mother (who also uses my grandmother's recipe) will also be there to judge the lasagna.

Anyway, today for throwback Thursday I thought I would share an acrylic painting I made for my niece.  This painting was a gift for her 14th Birthday three summers ago.  I thought it would be fun to paint her something that included everything she loved at the time.  She absolutely loves this painting and claims it is one of her most prized possessions. As she gets older she will be able to look back at this painting and remember the things she liked growing up.  It is like a personal time capsule. The canvas this is painted on measures 36"x48".  The painting is eclectic and fun, full of butterflies, skulls, flowers, hearts, stars, spiders, and peace signs. I am not able to show the entire painting to you because her name, birthday, and other private information is painted all over the canvas. I did take a couple pictures of my favorite blue skull and the queen banner next to it.



I love how this painting turned out.  I love the idea behind it so much that I will be painting a time capsule for my nephew's 13th Birthday this summer.  I hope this inspires you to get children involved in art and to give them gifts from the heart. Thank you so much for stopping by.  Please remember to follow or subscribe to the blog if you enjoy my posts.  I appreciate all the comments and shares on social media.  Have a great afternoon everyone.  ❤ Tia - Copper Blossom Paperie ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment