Thursday, August 20, 2015

Throwback Thursday From My College Days

Hello Everyone! I am sorry that I didn't post to the blog yesterday.  I haven't been feeling my best lately and needed a short break from life.  I am still sick, but wanted to do another Throw Back Thursday, so here I am.

These two linocut prints are from a collection I created in college.  I enjoy creating art that shows nature interacting with man-made objects. In this series however, I wanted to depict the survival of nature as our human world technologically grows and changes.  I want to evoke the question of whether or not our current world is better than the world that has naturally evolved over billions of years.  Yeah, it is a pretty deep concept.  As an artist, we can creatively depict whatever concepts we want in our art whether your art has a political vibe, gives animals a voice, or depicts socioeconomic inequality in our communities.  I personally connect with the energies of nature and wildlife, so that is the main focus of my art.



I hope you enjoyed this Throwback Thursday!  Please comment below or share this post on social media if you enjoy the blog.  Also feel free to subscribe to the blog so you can keep up on current projects, freebies, and new items in the store.  Take care everyone!  ❤ Tia - Copper Blossom Paper Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment