Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Gelli Plate Monoprint Video Tutorial

As a printmaker, I am always looking for fun and unique techniques to incorporate into my art projects. I generally am accustomed to more traditional printing techniques, however I am always on the lookout for new printing ideas and ways to incorporate printmaking into my mixed media projects. I absolutely love creating monoprints and was excited to find this video.  Creating monoprints with gelli plates is not a new concept, however using stencils and acrylic paint to create one of a kind prints is a new take on an old art form.  Gelli plates have been all the rage lately, so I am glad that I can share this tutorial with all of you so that you too can add printmaking to your artistic arsenal of tricks.

The materials you will need include:
Acrylic paint
Brayer
Gelli plate
Stencils
Paper towels
White paper or cardstock


I cannot wait to add gelli plate printing to my art journal, mixed media art, and cardmaking. I hope you enjoyed this video and are inspired to give printmaking a try.  It is a quick and easy way to create layers in your mixed media projects... especially if you do not have a lot of stamps or stencils.  Leaves, diecuts, lace, or textured fabric can be used instead of stencils to create patterns and textures on the gelli plate.  The monoprinting capabilities are endless!

Thanks for stopping by the Copper Blossom blog tonight. Remember to follow, share, and subscribe. As always, I hope all of you have a great week. ❤ Tia - Copper Blossom Paperie ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment