Saturday, January 2, 2016

Blue Heron Mixed Media Intaglio Print

Hello everyone.  I cannot believe that my vacation is already over.  Oh how time flies when you are not working.  I do hope that all of you had a fantastic New Year.  I spent my New Year playing the game Pie Face with family and friends.  It is such a fun game... even if you get whipped cream in your eyes and up your nose!  I also dyed my hair a deep plum purple and got caught up on laundry. Overall I had a decent holiday break. 

Since it already is so late, I will not write too much about the art work I am sharing with you tonight.  This print in an intaglio print etched from a zinc plate. This is a colored monoprint.  Before printing the black and white image, I had painted the heron directly on the zinc plate with blue ink. After adding the second color to the etched plate, I ran it through the printing press. This image was printed on a cold pressed paper that I had previously covered in newspaper print and permanent ink spatters.  Once the print was dry, I decided to carefully add a textile pattern to the blue areas of the image. I masked off the white areas of the image using painters tape and then stamped the textile print lightly over the surface of the paper. I used a patterned rubber stamp and dye ink to achieve the results. The final monoprint turned out beautifully.


I hope you enjoyed the art I shared with you tonight.  If you enjoyed this monoprint, please feel free to comment below or share this post via social media.  I appreciate all of the comments, shares, and follows I receive.  Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend! ❤ Tia - Copper Blossom Paperie ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment