Thursday, November 5, 2015

Throw Back Thursday - Koi Paintings

Hello again.  I hope everyone is having a great week so far.  I am still shocked that it is November already.  I saw a facebook post last night that said there are only 50 days until Christmas.  HOLY COW!  With me just getting back on my feet after a long medical leave, the word Christmas scares me. I am creative though, and will be working on some great handmade gifts this holiday season.... if I can find the time. I have been feeling a bit burned out lately from work and am having a harder than usual time feeling inspired. I hope I can get my mojo back quickly because I have a lot of gifts to create in not a lot of time.

I have also been feeling down in the dumps lately.  I have been back to work for nearly a month now and still have not gotten paid. Because I had so many problems with my short term disability insurance while on medical leave, I was unable to keep up on my medical insurance payments.  I had been off work for five and a half months which was already financially difficult.  Then I was cut off from my short term disability in September leaving me without an income.  I returned to work in October but knew I would not see my first couple paychecks due to being behind on my medical insurance payments.  Here it is November, and I still have no income.  I can honestly say that I am sick of having no money to pay my rent or bills because of medical insurance costs.  I remain hopeful that I will get a partial paycheck next week so I can start getting caught up on my bills, but I will not hold my breath.  Also due to my lack of finances, my Etsy shop will be suspended starting tomorrow.  I will get the shop back up as soon as I have the money to do so, but even a couple dollars is hard for me to come by right now. 

Despite all the hardships I am facing emotionally and financially, I am a little excited for the holidays. Hope is a powerful thing and I will try to keep my spirits up the best that I can. Sharing my art with all of you is one of the few joys in my life that keeps me going. Since it is Thursday, I thought I would share a couple koi paintings I gave to my sister-in-law for Christmas in 2012.  These paintings were created using acrylic paint on stretched canvas.  I absolutely love drawing tattoo flash, and was inspired to create these paintings when my sister-in-law fell in love with a koi fish tattoo I had drawn.  These painting now hang in my brother's house.



As always, thank you for stopping by the blog!  I greatly appreciate all of the social media shares and comments I receive from all of you.  If you enjoy my blog, please follow or subscribe via e-mail.  Thank you so much and enjoy the rest of your day! ❤ Tia - Copper Blossom Paperie

No comments:

Post a Comment