Saturday, October 17, 2015

Easy Faux Sun Print Technique

Hello!  Sorry I have not posted anything new to the blog over the past couple days.  My body has been so achy this first week back to work.  My clubfoot has been extremely swollen the last two days and I have been forced to spend my evenings after work resting my leg above my heart.  My left foot literally looks like a round bubble (or blown up latex glove) after standing all day.  The intense swelling and pain I am experiencing after work is inhibiting my ability to work on art. I am hoping that the swelling and pain will begin to diminish so that I can finish some artwork!

Tonight while I was icing my ankle, I came across this super neat video tutorial by Clearsnap. This tutorial demonstrates how to create a detailed faux sun print on glossy paper.  The artist in the video uses Izink ink for the background, but I think you could use acrylic paint, enamel, or distress paint as well.  The best part of the video is when the artist peels off the embossing (which is like a resist) using an iron.  I have never heard of that technique before, but I cannot wait to try it out! This tutorial is one of the best I've seen for creating faux sun prints.  Other techniques like crayon resists work, but the end results are not as detailed.  Thank you Clearsnap for such a great video!


I am truly inspired to try this project and hope that you are too! Thanks for stopping by the blog. Have a great weekend! ❤ Tia - Copper Blossom Paperie ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment