Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Time Journal Page

Hello everyone!  I can hardly believe that today is already hump day... where does the time go?  Speaking of time, I just finished an art journal page and thought I would share it with all of you.  I am really enjoying decoupaging in my art journal, and this page is covered top to bottom in papers, cut outs, and mod podge.  This page is definitely my thickest to date.  I really didn't know what I was going to do with the journal page.  This was one of those half done pages that I despised seeing in my journal. I had lots of issues with this page, so I left it unfinished for a few months.  Last night I got inspired to work on it after thinking about daylight savings time.


This page started a few months ago when I decided to glue one of my old woodcut prints to the page.

 I used dylusions spray ink in fresh lime, vibrant turquoise, and pure sunshine over the image to create a background. I also used black soot distress paint to distress the edges of the page.  I decided at that point to color in the cogs with souffle gel pens in random colors.  I wasn't the happiest with the page, so I started to cover up some of the image via decoupage.  I used mod podge to adhere all of the random torn pieces of scrapbook paper and circle shapes. At this point, I liked how it looked, but there was no theme to the page.

I didn't know what else to do with the page until last night when I was thinking about clocks and daylight savings time.  I decided to print out a clock on scrapbook paper and add it to the image.  I added India ink randomly around the edges to darken them up more.  This took a while to dry on the areas previously covered with mod podge, so I started working on another journal page to pass the time.  When the page was completely dry, I added a couple more circle shapes around the clock via mod podge. To add a little more contrast, I used a black permanent marker and white gel pen to trace around all the circles.  Lastly, I added a title using stickers and distress paint. This page turned out amazing... it just took some time!

I hope this journal page inspires you to never give up on those pesky pages you feel are unsuccessful.  The advantage of using paint and decoupage is that you can cover up and hide whatever it is that you don't like.  No matter what, sometimes it is best to stop working on a journal page or art project and work on something else for a while.  Nine times out of ten, I can return to a piece of artwork with renewed inspiration and a different approach.

Thanks for visiting my blog and enjoy the rest of your Wednesday!  ❤ Tia - Copper Blossom Paperie ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment