Sunday, August 30, 2015

I Finally Created A Permanent Copper Blossom Paperie Logo & Theme!

If there was one thing that Copper Blossom Paperie was lacking, it was a recognizable logo.  I am so excited to share the new logo and floral theme with everyone who has been reading and following my blog.  I spent all day Sunday designing this logo and updating my facebook page, Etsy store, and blog.  The Copper Blossom brand finally has a real logo that I can use to label all of the products I sell.  You wouldn't believe how indecisive I was on this decision. I still have to update the main website, but I will be getting to that when I wake up in the morning.

This logo took a while to create, but I wanted to share with you how I did it.  This technique can be used for any coloring book page, outline drawing, or digital stamp.  Besides having a starting image, you will also need photo editing software.  I used Pixlr to create this image, but you could use Photoshop or My Memories Suite to achieve the same result. The first thing I had to do was pick an image to represent the Copper Blossom Paperie brand.  I knew I wanted to use a flower in the logo, but I wasn't sure what type of design or logo I wanted to create.  I ended up using a royalty free image of a magnolia.  I had tried out two other flowers - a cherry blossom branch and a poppy flower - but those flowers didn't work with the aesthetic I was trying to create.  After picking the image and loading it into Pixlr, I  added a few details with the pen tool.  I then removed the white areas from the leaves which made them transparent. This step can be achieved via the eraser tool or wand tool.  I layered a green digital scrapbook paper behind the flower image which shows through the transparent leaves.  You can reposition either image to achieve the desired look.  When I was satisfied with how the leaves looked, I saved the image in .jpeg format, closed the image I was working on, and reopened the newly saved image. This action compresses the layers together so that I can erase the next section of the flower without having green show through in the wrong areas.  Depending on what software you use, you may not need to do this step. I followed the same sequence of steps for both the back and front petals, saving the image prior to moving on to the next color.  When I was satisfied with the image, I chose a simple title font to use with the flower logo.

This technique can be used for any image you want to color in.  I find this technique useful when you want to create a quilt like appearance using patterned or textured papers.  As a mixed media artist, I personally love adding texture to art because it adds an additional element of interest to the image. Don't be afraid to try different colors, digital papers, or pictures to color in your image.

I hope everyone has a great Monday.  Remember to share you favorite blog posts on social media and google+.  Thanks for visiting my blog.  ❤ Tia - Copper Blossom Paperie ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment