Thursday, September 24, 2015

Shoot For The Moon Art Journal Page

I hope that everyone is having a fantastic Thursday Evening.  I just wanted to share a new art journal page with everyone who reads my blog.  I am obsessed with the moon and space, and was more than excited to start this journal page.  This page features my all time favorite quote: "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars".  I am the biggest dreamer I know, and love creating art that inspires others to achieve greatness. If you think about it, most of our limitations are created in our own minds.  When I was creating this art journal page, I wanted to convey the idea that life is limitless.  Our only obstacles in life are our negative thoughts and self limiting beliefs.


I created this page by first painting the background with seedless preserves, black soot, and walnut stain distress paint.  I blended the colors using a baby wipe and let dry.  Next I sprayed white dylusions ink spray on the page and created drips. I let the page completely dry overnight.  The next step was drawing the lace, dotted border, and stars with a white gelly roll pen. I added some midnight dylusions ink spray to a baby wipe and wiped the ink on some of the stars and lace to tone down the the brightness and add a bit of blue to the page.  I then cut out a moon and three stars from a piece of scrapbook paper.  I took a light lavender alcohol marker and outlined the cutouts, and then blended the lavender edges with an alcohol blender pen. I glued the moon and stars to the page using acrylic gloss gel medium. Lastly, I used a lilac souffle pen and wrote the quote on the page.  I outlined the lettering with a black permanent marker to make it stand out.  I love the way this page turned out, especially the space themed background.

I hope this art journal page inspires you to start an art journal of your own.  Remember, you do not need to purchase a fancy art journal or special media to start art journaling.  You can use whatever art materials you already have to make beautiful pieces of art. Enjoy the rest of your night and keep dreaming!  ❤ Tia - Copper Blossom Paperie ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment